Sunday, June 19, 2011

Did you know that there are side effects/symptoms the medical world never warns you about?

so after reading and talking with various doctors through this process and road to remission i have come across a symptom that they did not warn me about... bi-polar disorder! this is not mocking or making light of another serious condition but more on the lines of complete empathy for those who suffer day in and day out with this disease. in the last 10 days i to have been dealing with as well. i have gone from being completely "normal" to extremely angry then to happy and laughing then tears of sadness and let me tell you this has happened within minutes.
to all my facebook friends i would like you to know that the other day touched and warmed my heart (and caused a few tears) and i would like to thank those of you that posted/liked/tagged/mentioned me in the status
"We all wish to have a new car...new phone...to lose weight. A person who has cancer only wants one thing...to beat their cancer. I know that 97% of you guys won't put this on your wall...but 3% of my friends will. Put on your wall in honor of someone who died from cancer or… someone who's fighting against it now... ♥ you!" meant so much to me and showed that no matter what i have the best support group!!!
i am normally a glass half full, love of life, genuinely happy person and being diagnosed has tested my "motto" for living life but at the end of the day i think of what i have waiting for me at the end of this curvy road and i smile and am thankful that i have these 4 beautiful, funny, smart, witty, [insert any and all compliment], plus extremely supportive family and friends to help me reach my goal of full remission. HUGS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Will they give you anything to help the bipolar? The anti-seizure meds I'm on are also used for bipolar. Is it sad or is it funny that I found out a friend of mine was on the same med as me? Her for the bipolar, me for the epilepsy. "You're on Lamictal!?! Shut up! *I'm* on Lamictal!" Hope you don't have to suffer through it the whole time.

    ReplyDelete