Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Results...

Let me start off by saying...YIPPEE!!!

Ok, now that I have that out of the way let me explain. Dr. Parikh came in and I asked him, "so am I going in Medical Journals for being the fastest cured Hodgkin Lymphoma patient?" he smiled and even laughed a little bit. He is starting to get me, my humor and sarcasm...it's about time! He pulled up my chart on the computer and looked it over and told me that there is one more barely visible active lymph node on my left jugular chain. that's it, ONE!!! All four tumors are gone and all the active lymph nodes in my abdomen are done. This is very exciting...let me say it again, YIPPEE!!! Chemo is working, I AM beating this! I was informed that at the end of treatments I would have to wait 4 weeks before I could get another PET scan.

I went back to the chemo room and sat in the chair and the tears just started flowing. The nurse came over and hugged me with a very concerned look on her face and I told her, no these were tears of joy, all my tumors are gone and I only have one active lymph node left and she hugged me a little tighter. when she released me she had tears in her eyes. She started my IV and calmed down and took my wonderful 3 hour nap.

7 down, 5 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment